Aleksandr ("Alex") A. Volkov assists his clients in civil litigation, specializing in the areas of real property and employment law.
Within the realm of real property disputes, Alex helps clients to resolve issues with their tenants, neighbors, brokers, regulatory agencies or departments, partners and co-owners. Those issues include:
- Evictions (unlawful detainers)
- Construction-related complaints (mechanic liens, breach of contract, warranty cases, consumer protection)
- Title and ownership (quiet title, partition, co-ownership and partnership related actions)
- Sales and Brokerage disputes
- Real Property related torts (e.g. nuisance, breach of duty, conversion, premises liability)
Alex also assists employers in defense against various labor law complaints, such as:
- Wage & Hour complaints for lost or unpaid wages, meal or rest breaks, and other similar grievances
- Claims for employee discrimination and wrongful discharge
- Whistle-blower complaints
- Common law tort and contract claims in connection with employment
Volkov Law Office represents clients in the Northern California superior courts, Northern California District Federal Courts and same District Bankruptcy Courts, as well as before numerous state and county-level administrative bodies, boards, and departments. Most often visited administrative forums include: the office of California Labor Commissioner, San Francisco Rent Board, San Francisco Planning Department, San Francisco Board of Appeals, San Francisco Department of Building Inspection.
Volkov Law Firm®, VOLF®, and VOLF.COM® are registered trademarks of Aleksandr A. Volkov. [U.S.P.T.O. Principal Register 4,736,151, 4,791,318; Supplemental Register 4,661,233]
Aleksandr A. Volkov is a sole practitioner, and is the California-licensed attorney maintaining this webpage